Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I dyed my hair black and hate it.Cant afford to go to the hair dressers, so im going to use a colour stripper?

what will this do, i don't want to have green hairI dyed my hair black and hate it.Cant afford to go to the hair dressers, so im going to use a colour stripper?
Wear a paper bag for a couple of months.I dyed my hair black and hate it.Cant afford to go to the hair dressers, so im going to use a colour stripper?
I did the same. It was fine. A really nice colour, wished I could replicate it later. Good Luck
Sorry :( this just will not work...Girl I know this problem all to well.I have been putting drug store and walmart black hair dye on my hair for years...When I finally wanted a change I ran into a BIG problem...You as did I have 2 choices-One wait for it to grow out or 2 get it bleached.Now regular bleach will take it out damage the hair and you risk it all falling out or breaking off.If you are lucky you will end up with only some damage but orange and yellow hair.I tried the at home thing and you will be running fast to a hair dresser or be buying a new box of black.See the thing is -to get that yellow-orange color out you need a toner that can take it to a blond color,if you really dont know what to use you are stuck.Well I finally stumbled across several great products.A familey friend is in beauty school and wanted to take a chance on my hair to prove her skills.She used only aveda products to remove the black.We started last week and the process took 2 days in salon time.The first day she used Aveda bleach to get the black out-now any bleach you use WILL cause damage no matter what,but this bleach let my hair in better condition than any I have used thus far.She used a conditioner by Aveda that contains a toner to get some of the red/orange out.She let me go for 3 days to give my hair a rest.On the 4th she applied bleach to only parts that were still a dark color,maily the ends of my hair (she did this so my whole head would be one color).Once this was done she did a little more toner that took me to an all-over yellow blond.Now it was time for the new color.She used Aveda dye in a Ash blonde and a light brown and applied it so I would have soft high-lights.She gave me an Aveda deep conditioner to use every other day for a week.After YEARS of all that black color my hair is now a beautiful brown with soft blonde highlights!Im very impressed with their product!Now as for you...I did get this for free since I know her and I was just for ';practice';.But they are still fairly cheap when you find a school and let the students do your hair...This whole process will cost about 45 dollars when done by a student opposed to the 200-300 you would spend at a regular salon...The teacher does make sure all is well and the whole process has to be varified by the teacher.Just go to Aveda.com and look for a school in your area.Call and make an appointment.Now if you really want to do it at home although I dont reccomend it,you just have to keep in mind that you need more than just bleach.You need-





A good bleach


Good toner


New color (dont use box color,use ones at sallys where you buy devoloper and color by themselfs)


Deep conditioner (dont use to often after process use every other day for 1-2 weeks)





Research products online before you buy,try to go to the store knowing what you need.





Dont use box color ever again...You never know what you are getting.Box color is much harder to get out than ones you buy seperatly.If you do have the urge to go dark...go for a deep dark brown...Its less harsh than black and easier to take out.I wish you the very best of luck and hope I helped!
It may take a few times and it will probly end up working out cheaper if u do go to hairdresser.


Firstly apply the colour stripper follow the directions with your life! i would apply it to the ends and midlengths then to scalp as scalp heats and lightens quicker usually.


You would benefit from having a few bleach foils each time you can afford them until you see it lighten this will do it gradually and more naturally. then u can colour it the colour u like or keep getting foils until its all gradually out.


This and regular treatments will be better for your hair than just bleaching the whole thing as the stripper is damaging enuf.


There isnt a real easy fix but this is the best for your hair and not too hard at all.
i dye my hair constantly. two at-home products i've tried: loreal's color stripping kit, and something called ';color oops.'; loreal's kit did not work out so well, but i highly recommend the color oops. i must stress, though: have someone else help you apply it.





expect to have really dry, damaged hair for a while afterwards. there's no way to do this without hurting your hair, it's just a matter of how MUCH you hurt your hair. find a good hair mask to use after you strip (neutrogena is good), and also find a good conditioner to use. dove conditioner for dry hair is one i like.





of course going to the hairdresser is always the better option, but not always a viable one for us poor folk. a box of color oops will cost about $13 at walgreens. one box was enough for my hair -- at the the time my hair ended at my shoulder blades.





the end result was a light auburn color, which wasn't horror-film material but still not something i wanted to live with. i just dyed it light brown the next day, and then went for a haircut to get rid of the crunchy dry ends.
im a colourist. DO NOT USE A COLOUR STRIPPER. im fully qualified colourist, and even i find stripping black a challenge at times.it requires skill, attention and a lot of peroxide. u need to to put the bleach on the hair and watch it carefully as the colour can change in the blink of an eye.do not try this yourself. either stick with ur black hair, cut it to a style that suits or find a way to get to proper salon. i f ur a regular at a good salon they might do it for you and let u pay at ur next appointment. but do not try to fix it yourself- u probably wont go green(unless your hair has been dyed a lot previously) but the results will be unpredictable and you might go grey.
head and shoulders, or a washing up liquid. use as a shampoo and it strips colour, so it should take alot of the starkness out. use a GOOD conditioner afterwards





sorry to all the hairdressers out there!! but it really does work, even if it ruins your hair.
DONT ! u might reck it is it permanent if not it will fade......even if u lend the money go 2 hairdressers
shave it off thats cheap
i would not do this at home i would go to a professional that knows what they are doing. these colour strippers work fast.
  • beauty makeup
  • facial lotion
  •